Saturday, March 21, 2009

Boston Tourney in April

Don't forget the puzzle tournament to be held at the Harvard University Science Center in Boston on Sunday, April 5, from 1-4 p.m. It's free to attend, $10 in advance if you want to compete, which you can do as individual or get together with a friend to solve as a pair. Will Shortz will preside, and prizes are signed books. Only 3 hours for a tournament sounds intense but it also sounds very fun. I briefly considered attending but that would be 4 hours on the bus each way for 3 hours at the tourney. Add the cost of bus fare, and I'm afraid I have to pass. Darn.

I very much like the idea of solving pairs. I enjoy tackling a puzzle, especially a large Sunday or a tough Friday or Saturday, with friends, but so rarely get to do that.

Otherwise solving is such a lonely pursuit. (Cue violins.)

If you're in Boston, or closer to Boston than I am, read all about it here -- then definitely go!

No comments:

Post a Comment